CKCU honours Bob Nesbitt:
Saturday, April 10
10:00 am to noon Eastern
Chris White, host of CKCU’s Canadian Spaces, will be dedicating the entire April 10 show to Ottawa Grassroots Festival founder Bob Nesbitt, who passed away on February 27. The show will be broadcast on CKCU FM 93.1 (Ottawa) and streamed on www.ckcufm.com on Saturday, April 10 from 10:00 am to noon Eastern.
Beginning April 10, the show will also be available to be streamed from CKCU’s audio archive at https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/129/51399.html. Bob’s friends and admirers are welcome to enter text comments on the playlist for the show at the same link at any point before, during or after the broadcast.
The two-hour show will include:
* comments and performances from musicians associated with the Grassroots Festival, including Connie Kaldor, Rick Fines, Ball & Chain (Michael Ball and Jody Benjamin), Karen Oxorn, Élage Mbaye, Wendell Ferguson, Greg Kelly, Sid Ameen, Missy Burgess and Christine Graves.
* an overview of some of the other organizations that Bob donated his time and talents to over the years, including the Ottawa Master Builders association, Ronald McDonald House, Algonquin College, Richmond Public School, the Ottawa Folk Festival, the Spirit of Rasputin’s Arts Society, Gil’s Hootenanny and the Ottawa festival network.
* performances by Mark Evenchick and Mary Gick of new songs they have written that were inspired by Bob’s character and contributions.
* an interview with Andy Rush, who is leading this year’s participatory Grassroots Festival virtual choir.
* an interview with Jessica Pearson and Maddy O’Regan who are performing at this year’s Grassroots Festival on Saturday evening, April 24.
* excerpts from an audio collage of people talking about Bob that was aired on Canadian Spaces on March 6, 2021. The segment is available in CKCU’s audio archive at https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/129/51156.html starting at 1:37:30.
For information about this special tribute, contact Chris White at email@example.com